Thursday, December 9, 2010

Jumping In & PPA72

I guess you'd call this jumping in with both feet! I recently signed up to be a Stampin' Up demonstrator and I thought I'd let you have a peek into my world by sharing my creations here. I hope you'll enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoy creating them. 

Here we go!

This is the card I created for this weeks Pals Paper Arts Challenge (PPA72). When I first saw the inspiration photo I couldn't wait to begin. The designers over at PPA outdid themselves with this one!


Here is what I came up with:




I used a Whisper White card base and I layered on top a piece of Very Vanilla that I ran through my Bigshot with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  I finished the snowflakes with basic pearls & basic rhinestones. Along the side is ribbon I "gathered" with Sticky Strip. I ran the sticky strip down the left side and I slowly adhered my ribbon while gathering it. Be sure to make sure your folds are more "wonky" then straight so they appear more natural. I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso and then again with VersaMark and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder to give it some sparkle.


Paper: Whisper White, Very Vanilla cardstock
Stamps: Four the Holidays (116921)
Ink: Early Espresso (119670),VersaMark (102283)
Embellishments: Iridescent Ice embossing powder (101930), Basic Pearls (119247), Basic Rhinestones (119246), Whisper White 5/8" Satin Ribbon (114616), Sticky Strip (104294), Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (120902)

1 comment:

  1. Aha . . . there's the scrunchy ribbon we have been pow wowing about! Pretty card . . . simple texture, a touch of bling and the grace of pearls. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete